Microsoft released their 2nd Cumulative Update to Lync Server 2013; called Lync Server 2013 July 2013 Cumulative Update. The cumulative update can be downloaded from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2809243
Microsoft has changed their naming convention for Lync Cumulative Updates. Instead of using numbers, such as CU2, the month and year will now be used; July 2013.
Most of the Lync components were updated and these new fixes were released:
- 2848328 Persistent Chat or Persistent Chat Compliance services fail to start and log EVENT 53505 if you uninstall the Lync Server 2013 (July 2013) Cumulative Updates
- 2846478 Display names of federated contacts do not appear in a Lync Server 2013 environment
- 2846479 User in a Distribution Group cannot join a chat room in a Lync Server 2013 environment
- 2846484 An unhanded exception occurs on a Lync Server 2013 Persistent Chat SDK-based application
- 2846485 Long delay when you create many conferences at the same time in a Lync Server 2013 environment
- 2846489 Lync Server 2013 RGS incorrectly redirects a call to the queue overflow call action
- 2853996 Internet Explorer users cannot join a Lync Server 2013 meeting
- 2854647 You cannot sign in to a dial-in conferencing webpage in Google Chrome browser by using IWA in Lync Server 2013
Additionally the cumulative update improves the reliability, stability, and performance of
- Lync Server 2013, Administrative Tools.
- Lync Server 2013, Web Conferencing Server.
- Lync Server 2013, Unified Communications Managed API 4.0 Runtime.
- Lync Server 2013, Call Park service.
- Lync Server 2013, Conferencing Server.